Tuesday 29 June 2010

Thanks to MAS - To Sarawak We Go!!!

Here's what Rachel Chong felt about the Regional Convention in Sarawak.

The Sarawak Regionals this year for me was amazing and fun. It was many first times for me.. first trip to Sarawak, first time doing workshop and 2 sessions in a row.

It was an eye opener as I was able to experience the regionals in Sarawak with a new batch of people. There were many new ideas and creativity put into this regionals from the organising team. The mixture of OTs from all different age groups and the ever-supporting teachers certainly added some chemistry to the running of the whole programme.

I felt great satisfaction when I saw the faces of the delegates laughing and enjoying the drama workshop that Jason and I conducted. I certainly learnt a lot more about the theme 'Catalyst for Change' and gained new insights in facilitating sessions. It all seemed scary at first but hard work during preparations paid off.

It is always a great joy to come back to inspire new faces in the Lasallian world. Well, special thanks to Isaac who gave me the opportunity to be there and Marveen who was my bodyguard. Haha. This regionals have helped me to challenge myself and inspired me to look beyond myself.

Rachel

No comments: