Sunday 1 May 2011

St Joseph's Kuching does their part

St Joseph's Kuching does their part for Earth Hour-Day. Here's a short sharing from Lasallians Gabriel Wong and Reuben Then:


Gathering at the Park, armed with rubbish bags, ready to battle :)


We gathered at the reservoir park at 8.30a.m, with teachers, Puan Stella and Puan Freda.

After that, Nicky briefed us about what we were to do. We were then separated into smaller groups so more areas of the park can be covered quickly.

We met many people while cleaning up the park, and some of the senior citizens also praised us for the time and effort taken in cleaning the park. One of them was our very own Lasallian Brother, Brother Justin!

Personally, it felt good being able to do my part for Mother Nature. Although it wasn’t much, but it’s a belief that a small gesture goes a long way. It felt even better after some of the senior citizen who was walking there in the park approached us and complimented us for the time taken to help clean up the park.

At the end of the day, the only feeling to describe it was just AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, and it left me wanting for more. Caring and taking care of Mother Nature should go on, instead of just the one day in conjunction of Earth Day. Peace!
--Gabriel Wong

Cleaning up balloons from a leftover party

Reuben and Peter doing their part
When I first started doing the cleaning up, I felt a bit unwilling as I have never done it before. I even questioned myself to why should I do it. But as I get into the task, something struck me and I did it with an open heart. I never knew it can be much fun especially when you have friends doing it with you, who believe in the cause for what they are doing it for. I learnt that from the worst job or task that we are asked to do, there is always something fun and positive behind it.
--Reuben Then

Aaron diving 'deep' into the mini waterfall

Group Picture!

1 comment:

Environmental Awareness Training said...

This is really inspiring. I hope these students will be appreciated and honored with any certification. This is a really nice idea to make the kids be involved in cleaning their area.