Monday 18 July 2011

Nothern Regionals 2011

From the South, we move on to the North to see what our OTs have to say about the Northern Regional Lasallian Convention :)



I found it a very challenging experience. It was a good opportunity for me to test my people-skills as well as being able to communicate with people. It also gave me the opportunity to learn about what fellow Lasallians think.

I also had the chance to get to know the senior FT members better, like Jason, Kok Loong and everyone. It also gave me a better perception and view of the Lasallian mission.
-- Kenny Liew, OT


~~~~

So there I was onlining one night when suddenly I received a text message from Isaac inviting me to be the co-chairperson for the Northern Regionals along with my partner-in-crime, Kok Loong. After quickly checking dates and exchanging a few SMS-es with Kok Loong, I accepted the invite, hoping my uni wouldn't schedule any final exam papers the day after the convention (They didn't. Kok Loong wasn't so lucky though).

Being a chairperson for a convention was definitely a different experience compared to being a normal OT. While a normal OT usually only has to focus on his/her own sub-com, a chairperson needs to actively know what's going on with each and every sub-com. It was also a learning experience for me as it gave me a chance to gain a deeper understanding on how each of the sub-coms worked, especially the sub-coms that I had never had the chance to be involved in.

Being the chairperson also made me realize how relatively old I was. The Organizing Team for this year's Northern was one of the youngest I had ever seen and for a vast majority of them, it was their first time organizing a Lasallian convention. I must say that considering the youthfulness of the team, they did a impressive job organizing the convention. It was wonderful to see their dynamism and exuberance in getting the job done.

I must congratulate them for taking the step up from being delegates to being OTs and in keeping with the theme, Forward with Faith, I hope they keep the faith well into the future. Faith in themselves, faith in service, and faith in the community around them. The Lasallian faith.
-- Jason Chang, Chairperson

1 comment:

Kok Loong said...

Not fair, why northern got no pictures one~