Wednesday 13 July 2011

Southern Regionals 2011

The Southern Regional Lasallian Convention this year is my very first regional in Semenanjung. It is indeed a whole different experience for me as I've taken up a different responsibility from my Regional days in Sarawak. Apart from being an OT, I was also a chairperson, and facilitator.

Facilitating was never a thing I would want to do before this. But the very reason why I've decided to be a facilitator is because I've been involved with the organizing team for a while now and I think it is time for me to try something different. Then Isaac asked Teck Peng and I if we wanted to be the chairpersons for this convention. I had no idea how I'm going to do it but I agreed with it thinking that I'm just going to move Forward with Faith.




Towards the end of the convention, I felt glad that I've been to the convention, and accepted these responsibilities. For me, it's like taking a short break from work in university to experience the positive energy of our fellow delegates, teachers as well as the OTs. I have always been glad to be involved in the Lasallian activities because these are the time for me to meet my favourite people as well as new friends. :)

-- Lovena Tay, Chairperson




For this year's Southern Regionals, I was one of the organising team members. The theme for this year's convention was quite a unique theme for me that ‘Forward with Faith’ as it involves a lot in our daily life. I learn a lot from the sessionsand it was a good theme that shows us how strong our faith is, not just for God, but with the people around us and ourselves.




It was a personal journey for me as well, as I took a more active role this year compared to last year. I am happy that the convention was a success even though there were a few hiccups along the way. This year's convention was a great convention for me as I learnt a lot. This convention is not about the culture or religion, but it is a way to show that we live in a world not just to have a wonderful life but to share with others who are in need so they can have a wonderful life too.
-- Fathimy, OT

No comments: