Friday 31 December 2010

Another thought on 20th NLLC 2010

I am really thankful to be given the chance to experience another NLLC but this time as a part of the organizing team. I have to say that it is a different experience altogether from being a delegate but it is one that I will hold close to my heart.

It didn’t matter to me having extra responsibilities this time around. The fact that this was my first time as an OT as well made my experience even more meaningful. I enjoyed every moment of it and it gave me such a clear reminder of how things were done at La Salle Centre.

To me this group of OT’s really worked hard for each other, shared one another’s burden and gave their all with very little to complain about. It didn’t matter to them that I was new or inexperienced but they took me in and I instantly felt a sense of belonging even from the start of the first OT meet.

We were all made up of Lasallians from different schools, different backgrounds and from all across the country and it's always going to be inspiring for me to be given the chance to work with such incredible individuals, with each of us willing to contribute in any way we can.

This year’s theme “Forward with Faith” gave me a real different view on spirituality as a Lasallian and it really challenged me to look deeper into myself and my beliefs. It’s been a really emotional journey for me but a meaningful one at that.

It has been a privilege working with such a group and although I still have much to learn I will look forward towards continuing my journey just as I enjoyed my time as an OT in Nationals.

-Leroy-

No comments: