Friday 31 December 2010

Reflections on 20th NLLC 2010

NLLC - the news that you're invited to participate in this convention is indeed exhilarating and exciting. For me, I had the same feelings when I knew that I was invited to help out as an organizing team member. I had mixed feelings too, as this will be my second year as an OT and I felt that there were expectations for me to be like Superman. Anyhow, that feeling was all gone when I replied yes and I have no regrets towards that decision.

From the planning and the actual convention, every moment has made an impact in my heart, although the amount of lame jokes throughout the convention was quite extreme. I felt that it is an honour for me to meet new people and too see old friends. It is very refreshing and inspiring to see the passion and the motivation in everyone. Listening to the sessions and the stories shared also made me remember the Lasallian mission and the reason behind the need for service.

One of the delegates asked me why I wanted to be an OT, and I actually took some time to respond. After putting some thought in it, I feel that it is a learning process for me. It is a break from the daily routine that I have in campus where life is very self-centered. All the laughter and tears in the convention made me grow to be a better person within my circle of friends, family and society (I hope).

-KOK LOONG-

No comments: